Thursday, April 7, 2011

A few things done..

Hey Everyone!! So That list....well I'm working on it. My sister came over last night on her way home and asked me what I was working on. I told her it was a quilt, and she asked if it was the one for Lauren and Charlies wedding and i said.....um...no... She then reminded me that I should get to work on that because how long did it take me to do my first quilt? how long did it take to finally put together baby Chase's quilt?Well that's a great question...

I decided that I should spend some of my time tonight sitting in front of the TV watching Glee season one on netflix while cutting out the pieces for their wedding quilt. I have taken the time to draw out on graph paper and the color in her quilt so I could figure out where to put all the pieces. I also went into detail and drew out cutting diagrams to make the most of the fabric that i bought for it because I had bought the fabric with just an idea in mind and not actually knowing how much yardage i really needed.

I would post pictures of the fabric...( I think I may have in a previous post)...and the diagrams but Lauren is a Blogger, and last I checked she seems to occasionally read my blog, so I don't want to spoil it for her.

But some things I have done was make a Kindle case for my sister, (the one that came by last night) and I gave it to her last night so now I can put pictures up. I just had an idea of what I wanted it to look like, drew it out, found the kindle dimensions online and went from there. I think it came out awesome, and I really hope it fits!






Also i finished the First block for the Patchwork squared modern solids quilt along...that's the thing I was working on when she started asking me all those questions. I got the first block done which is the center block, and I like it. Its supposed to be 12.5" x 12.5" but its a little shy so I will have to visit my old friend Mr. Freezer Paper for this one. I tried REALLY REALLY hard to get it perfect...but oh well.



So off to work, and then for a walk, and then start cutting pieces for the wedding quilt.

Peace & Love J-me

2 comments:

lauren118 said...

Tee hee hee. I read every post you write. Sorry that you can't post more. I would say that you should tell me not to look at a post, but I am too nosy and would look anyways. :) Also that block is awesome! Please don't make our wedding quilt that intricate, you'll go crazy!

christine said...

it fits and is awsome!