Monday, September 14, 2009

Student Teaching-the beginings


So...I am student teaching at South Meadow Middle School in the town where I went to high school. I am living at home for the semester to save myself loans, and my parents money. The math education program here at PSU, is different the all the other education programs here. We, as math majors, get to student teach in the fall semester and then come back for the spring semester to wrap up our year. I find this very nice because i get to start out at the school when the students start out so I'm not this strange person coming in half way through the year. The downfall to the Math ed program is that i have to take a class for the first three weeks of the semester, so I have to drive up to Plymouth and find someplace to crash for a few days. This part really stinks. I am very lucky to have a friend like Tonia who lets me crash on her floor and take over her room. I am very thankful for her.

The class on the other hand is very overwhelming. Every Tuesday the class runs 8-2, and the 7 of us have to teach a lesson to our peers, and get critiqued. And we have to dress in professional attire. On Monday and Wednesday the class runs from 8-12:30, and we have homework assignments, like making a unit plan, making a yearly plan, and doing a software review. it's a lot of work. Then i come home Wednesday, un-pack, and get ready for work at a restaurant 5-9, come home and sleep and go into the school (6th graders) and observe on Thursday and Friday.

And come Friday i go home and wait for Garrett to arrive and all is well again.


So that's whats been going on
Peace & Love, J-me

No comments: