Friday, March 25, 2011

Busy busy busy!!

Hey Everyone!!

Its been a few weeks since my last post sorry!! Garrett was home on spring break last week so I spent most of that time with him, and then this week, I have been working on getting organized in the craft room and out.

On one of my adventures to Wal-Mart, I bought some small totes, 3 for 2.00!! I bought them with the idea that I would use the to sort out my scraps, it would be visually appealing, instead of just shoving them in a bucket that hides under the sewing machine.

I then began the crazy task of organizing and going through my scraps, I had small scraps that I really couldn't even do anything with!! I did a lot of weeding out small pieces and cutting misshapen pieces, and putting them in buckets. I realized that, 3 was in NO WAY going to be enough! So I went out with my mom and got 3 more.

Here is what the after product looks like!



I have lots of blues and greens, as well as pinks and reds!!

I also finished (just a few minutes ago) A purse that I have been wanting to make myself since I made one for my sister's birthday last November. I actually even cut out mine the same time that I did hers. You might remember the post where i showed it off to everyone. It is called the Bonsai Bag, found at Made By Rae's blog.

I love the colors, and it's a little dark for spring but I'm going to switch it over anyways I love it!!



 I put it in with the zipper closer, I had bough a zipper to do a zipper pocket for it, but I decided i would try something new and used the zipper for the closure of the purse I really like how it came out do you?



Another thing I worked on was a gift for Lauren's bridal shower, which I sadly couldn't attend. I got her these beautiful hand painted wine glasses, and made her some coasters that go over the stand, and a wine bag. I knew that she is not really a wine drinker, so I bought her some sparkling cider instead!! No reason to not enjoy the glasses! I sadly forgot to take a picture of the wine glasses, but Here is a picture of the wine bag, with the cider in it.



Another project I have been working on is one for Miranda's beautiful baby boy, who is turning 1 next Saturday. I can't show pictures just yet, because Miranda reads my blog, and I'm keeping it a surprise for her, her son and her fiance Jay. I just know they are going to love it!! And I think a lot of you will too make sure to come back after next Saturday to see what it is!!

I'm adding this to Amy's sew-n-tell so go over to her blog and check out the other finishes for March!!

Peace &  Love J-me

3 comments:

Kimballtheresa said...

good job Jamie!

AdorableOriginals said...

Cute bag and great job getting so nice and organized!

Miri@Milkandhoneyquilts said...

Sweet purse!