Friday, November 12, 2010

Bonsai Bag & Oven Mitts

Happy Friday everyone! Today is a full work day for me so while I'm on my hour lunch break i decided to do my Friday finish post. This week sewing has been crazy. Doing some last minute things for the craft fair this Saturday over at the Bennington elementary, and Wednesday was my twin sisters 25th birthday. Soo of course i was crafting for them too!

One of the twins recently moved away to live with her boyfriend in MS, and i decided i would make her some oven mitts. Her first place, and i thought they would be a very use full tool.
I made them using this pattern
i made them out of the PEZ fabric that my mom snatched up at a local quilts shop's HUGE summer sale.
They have been shipped and are on there way to her. I hope she likes them....also i hope she doesn't read this!!! woops!

\

For the other twin i made her the Bonsai Bag found at Rae's Blog. My sister loves purses and big ones so she can put a lot of stuff in them. She is always on the go, and hardly ever stops so she needs a big bag.
I think that it came out awesome and i have fabric all cut up and ready to make one for myself!!! Its a great pattern and very easy to follow.


i used piping for the trim, first time using it and it came out not to shabby!

Here is a picture of some ornaments waiting for ribbon

 Have a great weekend everyone!

Make sure to check out Amy's blog for other finishes!

Peace & Love J-me

7 comments:

Trisha said...

I love them both. I agree with your sister about big bags. I will have to check out this pattern.

Bree said...

Oh, I love the plaid you used on that Bonsai bag! Your's turned out great.

leslie said...

what great projects and gifts! I love your bag and thanks for sharing the oven mitt link tutorial!

Carol from MN said...

Love the oven mitts.

Angelina said...

Adorable! Love the oven mitts!

Todo pasa por una razon no lo said...

Muy buen post.


Saludos,

Simple TorsiĆ³n

Anonymous said...

Wow, this piece of writing
is nice, my sister is analyzing these kinds of things, therefore I am going to
tell her.

my website: gardening tips