Saturday, October 10, 2009

Concord Quilting stores, and my first encounter with Amy Butler...

So I have been getting a little sick of the same old Joann fabrics, so I decided it was time to go to a quilting store where they sell other cool brands like Moda, and Amy Butler. I first went to the Golden Geese in concord on Liberty street. I was trying to find a fabric for Lauren but they didn't carry it :-( So I bought some others that I saw that sparked my interest. I don't know what to do with them, but i will find something :-D here they are:






I got two fat quarters, and then a half yard of the other two, I thought that they were really cool and I have a lot of Floral prints so i wanted something a little different.



Next I went to Peggy Anne's quilting on North Main street concord. The moment i walked in i was in love with Amy Butler fabrics! There were so many and they were all so beautiful. I new i couldn't buy all so it took me a while to figure out which ones i wanted. There were also a lot of cool fabrics and fat quarters in the store as well. it was sort of a small store but very nice. She sells top of the line sewing machines as well. So here is what I ended up getting there (and i will be returning next weekend for more! I can't resist!)



The one in the front is a fat quarter, and Peggy was wearing a shirt out of this fabric and I loved it it is Amy Butler, as is everything i bought there. The other two i got a half a yard of each. I think i may make an enlarged Buttercup bag found on Rae's Blog.



I also ended up going to Joann's because they were having a big sale, and i figured i mine as well because I'm in the area. This is what i got there:



The two in front i got 2 yards of each and it was red tag and 50% off the red tag so it was 3 dollars for 2 yards! I really liked them, again not sure what I am going to do with them. The two in back are Christmas fabrics for Homemade Christmas!



So that is what I did Friday, and today with the help of my wonderful boyfriend Garrett, we Did this to my car:



This is the inside of my car, I did the Visors a while ago and was planing on doing the ceiling for a while but hadn't gotten around to it, but today we did it. There are a few wrinkles but its much better then what it was like before! I'm sooo happy with it! But Garrett has a feeling if you sit in the back your going to get sick, well i guess we will just have to test that theory!

Peace & Love J-me

No comments: