Friday, January 29, 2010

Sew-n-tell

So I'm heading back to school this sunday, and i was looking over my list of things that i wanted to accomplish this long 8 week winter break. And well the quilt was out, there was no way i was finishing that, i havnt even finished sewing all the bloks! yikes. I sort of wished it was done tho so i would have a blanket for my bed at school..oh well i will think of something.

Anyways...the other sewing project i wanted to do was to make myself a Phoebe Bag. I saw it during christmas and sew mama sew's hanmade holidays. So yesterday i went and picked up the last few things i needed (some fusable interfacing) and went to town on the bag. When i got to the darts i was confused, I have never done darts before, and it didn't really tell me how exactly to do them. So i looked it up online, and i think it came out great!
I added an outside zipper pocket for wasy access to keys or lip gloss or what ever i need some easy access to.
And then i added a zipper pocket on the insde as well, and a patch pocket. The only problem was when i was pieceing it together, and i didnt notice untill i finished sewing that the zippers are on the same side of the bag, WOOPS! and i didn't want to rip it apart, so i said whatever, it will jsut be a little bulky there.
I really like it! I got the fabric at Mardens, with Lauren  in Maine. and i'm glad i finally used it! And i just love the flab closure!

well i hope you like it! make sure to check out other finshes over at Amy's Blog.

Peace & Love J-me

12 comments:

beth said...

very nice!! wow, those zippers look hard!

diane said...

This turned out great! Love the little zipper you put in as well. I have made two of these and my daughter snagged them both!

Jocelyn said...

What a very cute bag. Great job!

thetraintocrazy said...

I love the fabric choice!

Catherine said...

Well done with the bag and adding 2 zippers!! I made this bag a few weeks ago and used it the first time at a wedding. Love this pattern and found it quite easy. Your bag has turned beautifully and love your fabric combinations. BTW I answered your query about my binding tutorial in my comments. I hope you read it as I couldn't find your email to answer you that way.

Lara said...

Very cool little bag! Good luck starting back at school!

Karen N said...

Great job. Very classy.

Michelle said...

Well done!

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love that bag! I just saved the tutorial to my computer in hopes of finding time to make myself one!

leslyw said...

What a cute bag! Nice work and a great finish!

pinksuedeshoe said...

I am in love with that paisley, it is just so dang cute!

lauren118 said...

So cute! Love the Marden's fabric. I need to get crackin on using the rest of mine.